“Her heart was a secret garden and the walls were very high.” ~William Goldman, The Princess Bride There are four kinds of people in the world. Those who build walls. Those who protect walls. Those who breach walls. And those … Continue reading
I am so proud to introduce you to a very special hero today. This is my nephew Jonathon. He is five years old and a NZ hero this week because he saved his mother’s life. Neighbor’s, EMT’s and Doctors all … Continue reading
“Yeah, it’s great to have dreams, but you have to work at them to make the real!”
Be prepared to:
- Be industrious, a problem solver, resourceful, and never, ever givie up on your dream.
- Be focused, persistence, disciplined, and open to change. Work diligently.
- Be willing to play, enjoy, and have fun. Share quality time with family.
- Use the tools you have at hand to create what you need and want, beginning with what you have before you, your special gifts.
- Defend what you have worked so hard to build. Trust but remain discerning.
- Take one small step at a time to bring the vision to fruition.
- Remain balanced. Set your priorities straight.
- Be dedicated, loyalt and commited.
You are beautiful, my darling, beautiful beyond words. Your eyes are like doves behind your veil. Your hair falls in waves, like a flock of goats winding down the slopes. ~Solomon
When was the last time you took a leap of faith?
As we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone. ~Paul
Whatever the activity in which you engage, do it with all your ability, ~Solomon
Like cold water to a thirsty soul,so is good news from a far country. ~Proverbs
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:~Solomon
Anxiety in a man’s heart weighs it down, But a good word makes it glad. – Proverbs
Sometimes losing your way is the only way to find your way. ~Unknown
Orange is a favorite color of mine. Fiery, bright, warm, brilliant and bold. So, I can’t think of a better representation than my sweet Ella Bell. Meet my granddaughter who wears her glistening orange crown with special flare. She is confident, strong, bold, flamboyant, creative and determined, as every woman should be.
Play is the highest form of learning. ~Albert Einstein Play is our brain’s favorite way of learning. ~Unknown We don’t stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing. ~George Bernard ShawImagination is where your child lives. When you play with him, you enter his world.
For a parent to be able to spend half an hour of uninterrupted one-on-one time with his or her child is often seen as a luxury, especially in families with more than one child. However 30-minute blocks of uninterrupted one-on-one time, where you as a parent are giving your undivided attention to your child, can be one of the most beneficial and valuable things you can provide for your child.
(Cee’s Black and White Photo Challenge: Things Made Of Plastic)
Sweet girl, There are a few things I want you to always remember:
2. Nothing you do can make me stop loving you.
3. Beauty truly comes from the inside. Believe that. The media lies. Don’t compare yourself or your looks. Comparison is the thief of joy. You were made in God’s image. He doesn’t make mistakes. You ARE beautiful. 4. When you start feeling sorry for yourself, find someone to serve. Do something nice for someone. Making cookies is a good start.
5. Keep a journal. Write your story. It’s therapy.
6. Don’t be afraid to do things yourself.
7. Part of doing things yourself is making mistakes. Mistakes can always be fixed.8. Be kind to everyone. Even strangers. You don’t know what they are going through. Treat everyone you meet like it’s their birthday.
9. Learn to see the beauty in the world. It’s all around. You just have to open your eyes.
10. No excuses. Just woman-up and get things done!
11. Womanhood is a gift.
12. Your life has a reason, and you have something special to share with the world.
13. Look for opportunities around you to make a difference.
14. If someone tells you things are impossible because you are a woman, they are wrong.
15. Everything is always okay in the end. If it’s not okay, then it’s not the end.
Love, Grandmommie (Deedee)
Do you have a friend who just doesn’t seem to be themselves? Something about them has changed and you’re wondering what’s going on for them?
It can be difficult to know exactly how to help a friend who is going through a difficult time, but your support will mean the world to her.
Listen with all your heart.
Being present, even if there is silence, means more than she can put into words.
And coffee…well, coffee is it’s own kind of comfort. Definitely share a cup of coffee with her.
Friends help us carry our load when all feels lost in our world. Supporting a friend when times are tough with the little things that we do really makes a difference.
Insecurities can be maddening. Yet, something amazing happens when you give yourself permission to just be yourself and trust that you are more than enough. You are exactly who we all need you to be. Triumphs and failures and all! … Continue reading
When the wheel was invented, it started a revolution. I might be treading a fine line here, but I expect this little challenge to be wheely fun. I never get tyred of puns. Hopefully mine won’t leave you flat. 😜 … Continue reading