Cancer Is Not Pink has so kindly nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award. It has been quite a while since I have participated with an award blog and I am doing so for a fellow cancer survivor. So, thank you,Swoosie, for this lovely honour.
In order to “accept” the award the nominated blogger must follow several guidelines:
•Thank the person who nominated you for the award. – Cancer Is Not Pink is one of my newest friends in the blogosphere. Please check out her blog, I am sure you will enjoy your visit.
•Add the One Lovely Blog Award logo to your post.
•Share 7 facts/or things about yourself:
1. I am a cancer
2. I have always loved candy…and even at 54 I, suspect, I always will.
3. I have always been shy…but lately I have observed I talk too much…so maybe I have outgrown my shyness.
4. I love photographs. I think they have an amazing way of taking you back to special moments. Recently, I realised I lost some of my photographs from when I was in my teens and twenties…it made me cry.
5. Oh, and I cry a lot. Not because I’m sad. I haven’t had a sad cry in ages but I cry when I’m happy, when I’m proud, and…well, let’s just say I cry a lot. I recently read that Glennon from Momastery said this about why she cries, “I cry for the same reason I laugh. Because I pay attention.” I totally agree.
6. I have not always had an open heart. Pain closed me down so tightly that I was miserable. I wasn’t open to God, myself, my family, or my friends. I like the freedom that I have now. An open heart is so important to living fully and abundantly!
7. I could eat watermelon and fish everyday of my life. Oh, and candy! 😉
Please visit my sample list of blogs I follow below. If you are a new blogger and would like for me to link to your blog through this post, please leave me a comment below and I will be happy to share your blog with my friends. I will adapt Swoosie’s technique and ask that you write “ADD ME” in the comments below and I will add you to the post!
As always, you, my readers, make my day in many ways and I appreciate it so much!